Sunday, July 12, 2009

Getting a groove on!

WOW!  The Lubbock Downtown Art Market went amazingly awesomely well yesterday!  For me at least!   I sold about half my pieces!   Even sold a piece I had made for myself that I really didnt intend to sell....  I will have to work on recreating it though...  I had been thinking lately that it I needed to make a similar piece but more earthy for me.    My mom only sold two peices.  She was kind of dissapointed,  but she is running with it and going to try new designs like the ones she sold.    It was miserably hot though.  I considered skipping August except a few people that came by and bought from us, requested we come back so they could come buy more...  cant skip now!!   We had a cheapy awning and it was a royal PIA.. we are planning to invest in a nicer one AND folding tables.  My big tables are horrible to load and unload.  The wind kicked up just a bit and our awning tried tobecome a kite... even tied down.  We are learning from every bit of it though!    When it was over we headed to restock some supplies for some designs I had and I was on cloud nine,  sadly though while we were there I got a phone call from a friend of my husbands that his mother had died.  He was trying to contact my husband to let him know.  It was expected,  but still hard on them of course .   We watched their youngest two kids today while they were making arrangments.   Those two kiddos are real sweethearts and I laughed when they picked them up because my husband didnt want to give there little 9 month old girl back...  he wanted to keep her lol.   He is such a softy and loves babies.  I forgot how much FUN babies are and how snuggly.  If they werent soo expensive I would want a couple more haha.   

I worked on a new piece during the market and got it complete,  A green Jade pendant with a cluster of pink and green jade at the top.(The colors came out a little dark in the pictures.)  Today I started on a peach and rainbow moonstone necklace that is really coming together....   My pics are a little sucky because the camera battery was pretty much dead.  I tore the house apart and FINALLY found the charger... did I mention I destroyed the house Friday night looking for the charger too...  Today I cleaned up THAT mess haha.    This pic might be a little more close to real colors:

No comments: