Sunday, August 9, 2009

FINALLY ABLE TO LOG IN!

Whew... withdrawels. I couldnt log in for some reason, been trouble shooting and not able to figure it out. Tinkered with some settings after days of frustration and finally got it to let me log in! (I really think the stupid cat slept on the keyboard the other day and "adjusted things"
So here I am trying to remember all the things I was going to post about before now! The August Downtown Art Market was yesterday and was a success. Two new jewelry vendors, a new gal EagleWings Designs I think it was called. Sweet lady helped us figure out our new tent and helped chase down our stuff that kept blowing away since it decided to be windy for the first time in a looong time. We visited most of the day and both are looking forward to the next market and hoping to be next to each other again, we booth sat for each other and our designs are totally different, makes it fun and challenging! The other new booth was some jewelry friends of mine, Anne and Debbie and their own totally different designs! Made it kinda nice to have someone to wander down and chatter with. It was a wonderful day, my mom did really well this time and had a blast! It wasnt as hot and there were hoards of people. I totally love the flair of this market and heard mention that a city official wandered in to check it out and said that next time they really would need to start shutting the street down.! Its expanding! I sold anough that I am worried about getting stuff made to replace it in time for the next one. I have already been hard at it today. Got a pretty Mosiac Turqouise necklace made witha concho focal. I am in LOVE with my drill press..(have a I mentioned we drug home the drill press from where it was stored.. looks oh so styling in my kitchen haha. I was kind of discouraged this time with some of my pieces though. I got numerous compliments and raves on my moonstone necklace, but no one ever even picked it up. Now Im disapointed and relieved both. To have sold it would have ment it woul be going home with someone that loved it, but I adore it so much myself it was a struggle to put it on display and put a price on it. Also I have a dilema of the heart.... I was told more than once by customers that I was undercharging for some of my stuff... I try really hard to sell them affordably, I want people to look at them and love them AND be able to afford to take them home, but some of them I dont really make any kind of profit and without SOME profit I run into making it affordable for ME to continue. How the heck do I mesh both? Plus I have a hard time making enough stuff to keep the booth full, I am soo particular on look and design, I dont want to just mass produce stuff. But I think it will all come together. This once a month market sure makes the days fly by! We did decide that we need to compact our setup, we are trading our full size tables for ones that will fold up and fit in the car, our goal is to be able to pack it all in the car and not have an entire pickup load to haul. It sure is a pain to unload and set up with what we have now! Poor hubby will have to remove the stereo equipment in the car though...lol and take his thumpy box thingy out of the trunk.... I told him it wasnt worth going to all the trouble to begin with! (I hate thumpy stereo! ) Well... I really need to get back to a few designs... I have one in progress that needs some tweaking and need to work on some others. Also I have a special order to work on AND a couple of requests....
~Serena

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Serena,

Love your jewelry that I see online, but where are the prices? Would be nice to see what you charge for a piece.

Also...regarding problems with internet connections...I know of others in Lubbock having problems with NTS/AT&T. If you can't get onto the internet part of the time and are using them, you might want to call & see what is going on.

-Linda

Serena Coulson said...

Hi Linda!
I hadnt thought of putting prices on the blog and pics. Next time I post some pics I'll try to remeber that. Good idea!
~Serena